I'm in the worst shape of my life at only 36 years old

 I'm in the worst shape of my life, and I'm only 36 years old. I can make excuses for why I'm getting closer to 400lbs than I have ever been, but ultimately the reasons I ended up here don't matter. I have had two close family members pass away within the last few years, and it's really brought me face to face with my own mortality more than ever. I have so much I want to do in my life, so many places I want to see, but I'm afraid that I will never make it unless I finally start to get serious about my health. I don't want to live in the cage my body has become. I want to be a more active and adventurous person. I may be in the worst shape of my life at 36, but I plan to be in the best shape of my life before turning 40.

Where I am Now


I've tried losing weight in the past, but I've never been able to stick with anything long term because I was not making sustainable changes to my life that I could maintain. I have almost 200lbs to lose, and it's not going come off quickly no matter how much I wish it would. I am going to focus on making small changes that can become habits over time to make my life healthier every day. 

My plan is to work on consistently implementing the below goals over the course of a month, and then reassess, make new goals, and keep going for another month long stretch. Instead of making long term plans/goals, I am going to take it a month at a time so that the journey doesn't feel impossible, and I can make slow but steady progress that I can maintain long term. My hope for this blog is for it to help me document my journey and keep me accountable along the way.

Daily Goals

  • Get more sleep! Be in bed no later than 12 pm every night.
  • Drink at least 48 ounces of water. 
  • Drink no more than 2 sodas.
  • Eat at least 3 servings of fruits/veggies.
  • Limit processed foods, sugar, and simple carbs.
  • Take vitamin supplements.
  • Track food/water intake in the MyFitnessPal app. Be more aware of what I am putting in my body.
Weekly Goals

  • Fast food no more than once a week!
  • Cook at least 1 dinner a week.
    • I hate cooking, so I am going to start small and slowly build up to cooking more regularly instead of relying on ready-made foods.
"Looking after my health today gives me a better hope for tomorrow."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog