I just saw a video by Matt D'Avella about why he eats the same things every day, and honestly, that is such a good idea when you are just starting out on a weight loss journey and trying to figure out how to eat healthier. It can be so hard to figure out what to eat every day when you are used to just relying on processed foods or fast food, and I end up wasting a lot of groceries because I have all this ambition to try different recipes, but don't end up actually doing it in the end.
I have been doing this subconsciously already for breakfast, so I think I may start applying this method to lunch, dinner, and snacks as well.
Matt's reasons for why this works:
- It removes decision fatigue (35.000 decisions every day)
- You will start to make healthier decisions on autopilot
- You will feel better
- Effortless shopping
- Very little meal planning
Why variation fails
- You have to constantly find new recipes
- You have to constantly find new things in the grocery store
- You have to reuse all the new ingredients before they go bad
- You have to cook everything from scratch
- You have to constantly keep an eye on your macros
Anything that can simplify the weight loss journey and take away room for error is a win in my book.

Comments
Post a Comment